Chaxa Lagoon is located in Los Flamencos National Reserve in Northern Chile – precisely in the Region of San Pedro de Atacama. The Salar de Atacama is the largest salt flat in Chile and the high concentrations of salt and lack of rain in the area result in the rough and rigid look of the surface. But underneath is where the beauty liesRead More
Day 3: San Pedro de Atacama, Chile – Altiplanico Lagunas
Today I took a full day tour to see the Altiplanico Lagunas. These are Lagunas way way way up high in the mountains surrounding San Pedro de Atacama.Read More
In the North of Chile, just outside of San Pedro de Atacama Chile, is the Reserva Nacional “Los Flaencos” (Flamingo National Reserve).
There are 5 different types of Flamingos in the world, and 3 of these 5 are located in the National Flamingo Reserve near San Pedro de Atacama, Chile.
Andeam Flamingo, Chilean Flamingo and the James Flamingo.
Whenever I go somewhere new – I do a lot of research, before, during, and sometimes after – about what to do, where to go, all the adventures I could have. There are always very specific things I want to do. Sometimes – they are the top tourist destinations/sights – other times – I’ve done so much research and read so many other blogs – I find out about very different sights and activities I can do!
So – Here are my top 20 things I want to do/see in South America (in no Order)
5. Snorkel in the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
6. Visit the Jesuit Settlements in NE Argentina & Paraguay
7. Bike around the wineries and Enjoy the wine in Mendoza, Argentina
9. Shop the Otavalo Market, Ecuador
10. Explore the floating islands of Lake Titicaca, Peru
11. Go sand boarding and 4x4ing in Huacachina, Peru
12. See Sea Lions and Penguins, Uruguay
13. Explore the Atacama Desert, North Chile
14. Wander the colourful streets of Cartagena, Colombia
15. Celebrate Carnival in Corrientes, Argentina
16. Visit the 365 Churches in Salvador de Bahia, Brazil
17. Wander the colonial city of Colonia de Sacramento, Uruguay
18. Shop in the The Witches’ Market in La Paz
19. Take a relaxing bath and explore in Banos, Ecuador
20. Watch the turtles during egg-laying season in Galibi Nature Reserve, SurinameRead More