The Guia “T”. What is that? It is your Buenos Aires physical life line. Everybody has one – and you should too.
Mapa.BuenosAires.Gov.Ar. What is that? It is your Buenos Aires Virtual life line. Every uses it – and you should too.
Guia T is a pun meaning Guide Yourself. And that is exactly what you will do. Instead of being intimidated by the Buenos Aires bus system – stop at any of the newspaper stands you see at all corners, ask for a Guia “T” (Gee-Ah Tea) 2011. And you have now saved yourself a lot of time, trouble, worries, and stress.
This handy little book is a little map of the city, with corresponding bus lines going from each area to the other areas.
But how do you use it?
- The White pages at the front (pg. 4-23) are where you look up Street Name, Address, and Section to find the proper Map. (Oui Oui Cafe – Nicaragua 6068 – Pg. 17 – Map 8 – Section A4)
- Turn to said Map and find proper Section (Map 8 – A4).
- Look at Left hand Page at Section A4 where it lists all Buses that are in that Section. (39-41-57-60-67-68-152-161-194)
- Keep your Finger on this page
- Next, look up your destination Street Name, Address, and Section to find that map. (Casa Rosada – 25 de Mayo – Pg. 23 – Map 17 – Section C4)
- Turn to said Map and find the proper Section (Map 17- Section C4)
- Look at Left hand Page at Section C4 where it lists all Buses that are in that Section. (6-22-24-26-28-29-33-50-56-61-62-64-74-86-91-93-105-111-126-130-140-143-152-159-180-195)
- Now you see switch buses over lap – In this case it is Bus number 152.
- Go the white pages at the back of the book and look up bus number 152 to determine its route. In this case – You catch the bus on Santa Fe Av. and get off on Rivadavia or when you see the pretty pink Casa Rosada!