From a Small town to a Global Citizen. My name is Chrystal McKay.
Born: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
- Population: 110,000
- Pride: Outdoor Beauty
- Pity: No jobs and No government support
- Preoccupation: elementary school & high school
Life Changer: Neuchatel Switzerland
- Population: 32,770
- Pride: The Castles
- Pity: I haven’t been back since 2006
- Preoccupation: High school french language exchange
Cause of Travel Addiction: Bangkok, Thailand
- Population: 8,300,000
- Pride: Temples, Food, Climate
- Pity: The dog over-population
- Preoccupation: University exchange
Keeping it Global: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Population: 2,900,000
- Pride: Party centre
- Pity: satanic piles of dog poop everywhere
- Preoccupation: Working for AIESEC
Trying Something New: Marrakech, Morocco
- Population: 1,070,838
- Pride: Djemme el-Fna square and Souks (Markets)
- Pity: high prices due that come with major tourist hubs
- Preoccupation: Working at a boutique hotel
Getting My Smarts On (Again): Southport, Australia
- Population: 55,000
- Preoccupation: Graduate School at Griffith University
Why I Travel?
The more countries I experience – the more I realize – I love to be engulfed in countries, cultures, and traditions. It is not a race to a certain number of countries or a certain number of sights – it is about living in a country and having a life there. I’ve lived in Canada, Switzerland, Thailand, The Philippines, Argentina, Morocco, and I’m moving to Australia. I’ve travelled for school exchange programs, work, and because I just really really wanted to go! Of course I still wander to surrounding countries, keeping my explorer cap on, but I love to live a new life – not just tick the destination off a travel list. And my favourite part about travelling? The reason I keep it up? To meet new people and reunite with old friends. It is the people I meet and become good friends that always keep me excited, moving, experiencing, ultimately LIVING. Travel is apart of the life I choose to live and I love my life.
My facinations and focuses in countries
I love ruins, castles, churches, and all things old and beautiful. I love to hike and be outdoors. But no matter where I am or what I am doing – I am always learning. I value learning above all else and feel travel is the best way anybody can receive an education every single day.
I’m so happy you stopped by Chrystal-Clear, and I’d love to connect with you in the social media world: Please feel free to chat with me on Twitter, connect with me on Facebook, subscribe to my RSS Feed, or send me a personal e-mail message.
Thanks for Reading!